COVID-19 Safety Guidance
Updated 24 September 2020
Keeping you safe is our top priority. This is the College's COVID-19 safety homepage. From here you will find:
- safety guidance for the whole community - the key page for everyone to visit
- testing - where and how to get one
- symptoms or a positive test - what to do, step by step
- contact tracing - what the College process is and what you need to do
- Imperial’s Code of Conduct - guidance on attending College during COVID-19
- additional guidance for students - including when it's okay to be on campus
- additional safety policies and checklists for staff
'Protect and respect' are our guiding principles on what we can all do to stay safe (see 'the safety basics' below)
Our COVID-19 safety guidance and policies
The safety basics - protect and respect
Our simple 'protect and respect' principles can help keep the College safe for anyone in our community who needs to be on campus, whether incoming and returning students, research and teaching staff, or visitors. Let's work together to support each other and help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Watch our animation at the top of this page and read our top principles below for guidance on what you can do to help keep our community safe.
Images for wearing a covering and keeping a distance
Wear your face covering
It is essential you wear a face covering on campus, including in teaching spaces, cafés and libraries to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Observe the two-metre rule
Where possible, please ensure you maintain a distance of two metres from others to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Instructions to wash your hands and be patient and kind
Please wash your hands
Wash your hands regularly with soap and warm water and wipe down shared work surfaces to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Be patient and be kind
Allow more time to get across campus, be patient and respect social distancing. Remember others may be more vulnerable or anxious than you.